Monday 19 September 2011

DDD at TGS - Day 4 and Slightly After

No! I was doing so well! Sorry, homework and life and other useless junk caught up on me, meaning I could not write up a summary of the last day of Tokyo Game Show (in regards to Kingdom Hearts:Dream Drop Distance, at least). Ugh, that's annoying... I did pretty well with the other three days though, you gotta admit. Imma give myself props for that. *gives self props*




~~~




So, Day 4. Not a lot actually happened, truth be told. KH13 posted a higher quality version of the trailer, if you haven't seen that yet. Still the same actual video, but now in pretty-ified HD. Thank you, KH13!


Click CC to get subtitles (courtesy of SQEX GAL). (It won't work for me though... Hmm. Bothersome. You can always just have the translation of the trailer from Saturday open beside it. Whatever.)




We also got another small snippet of translation. Score! It's just a li'l extra small snippet from either this picture....


...or this one...


They don't really make it 100% clear which one they're translating, so. It's just an interesting bit about Dream Eaters that wasn't in previous translations. Thank you, KMS of KHInsider Forums!

...When acting as partners, these Dream Eaters will have the mark of the "good" Dream Eater (henceforth Nightmare Eaters) and they will have special abilities to help in battle, for example, one is to swallow the enemy (see: Kirby) and cause damage, and another is to grow tenfold and romp around the stage. The nightmare eaters MAY BE ABLE to be exchanged with other nightmare eaters or story characters...

That last sentence specifically. YES. Aw, one of the things I was really worried about when word of Dream Eater companions came out was that we'd be missing out on badass story characters as party members. But a hope of Quasimodo or, better yet, friggin' NEKU SAKURABA as party members? Too awesome for comprehension. I know, I know, it's hardly a rock solid confirmation, but c'mon. They wouldn't show Quasimodo's willingness to fight ('Me too, me too, I’ll fight too!') and Sora and Neku being swarmed by a load of Dream Eaters in the trailer if you didn't get to actually fight with them. They'd be stupid NOT to let you kick some Dream Eater ass with the help of the utter BAMF that is Neku Sakuraba. So, yeah. I think swapping out Dream Eater companions for story characters is too likely to not happen. ESPECIALLY WITH NEKU SAKURABA. Sorry, but I can't even accurately describe how truly PUMPED I am to have Neku in this game. He'd prolly fight with all his best Psychs and reign fury down upon those who dare come across his destructive path. SO PUMPED.






I was gonna end this post here, but then some UBER exciting new info came out. Awesome. So, y'know that trailer that got leaked? Apparently, that was the one shown to the mere plebs at TGS. HOWEVER, there is another. Remember before when it was told that Squeenix would be playing a tres swanktastic super special awesome trailer in the Closed Mega Theatre for a lucky 80 TGS attendees? Yeah, I completely forgot about that, too. Now, it's not a brand new trailer; sorry to get your hopes up. HOWEVER, it is an extended trailer of the one we already have. Yeah, now you're interested! We don't have a video of this one yet, though. HOWEVER, Akira from ReBirth Wings has posted all the new deets, which have thankfully been translated by SQEX GAL. Thank you! YOU GUYS ROCK SO FRIGGIN' HARD.

Radiant Garden

There was no voices in this scene, just subtitles.

The viewpoint is shaky; the laboratory is in ruins as if an explosion
occurred.

It seems to be from young Xehanort’s POV.

For a moment, Even and Ienzo are shown collapsed too.

Ooh, INTERESTING. Some other folks with eagle eyes spotted two bodies collapsed on the floor at the end of the shortened trailer. I thought they were just seeing things, but they sure showed me!



(I know, my writing's so pretty...) Still can't really see it... I suppose that it's a brighter white than the rest of the floor, and Even and Ienzo are prolly wearing their white labcoats, so. The more I look at it, the more I can see hints of two bodies on the floor... Yeah, they're there. Anyway. I think this pretty much proves that this scene takes place in the past with the apprentices, rather than currently in the timeline when they've returned as their former Somebodies. I mean, they say 'Ienzo', meaning it's probably the same seven-year-old Ienzo we met in Radiant garden. If it was an older version, I'd say the blogger would have mentioned.

Also, the fact that it's in a first person perspective means it's prolly a memory of Xehanort. The only other time we watched a cutscene from a first person view was in KHII when Sora & Co could see memories of Pete while in Timeless River. I'm thinking this will be a similar kinda deal. Progress through the game and you get memories from Apprentice Xehanort explaining various things. Could even replace Reports in that respect. Kinda like how in Re:coded after completing each world the 'journal' rewarded you with a new never before scene. Because journals are cool like that.


Braig: Xehanort! What were you thinking?


As if something clicked when he heard those words, his shaky POV focuses on Braig.


Braig: Have your memories returned?


Xehanort summons a Keyblade.


He brandishes it towards Braig and seems on the verge of blacking out.

Veeeery interesting, indeed. It seems like maybe Terra or Master Xehanort have momentarily taken control of Apprentice Xehanort's body. Now, if my little 'someone took control for a bit' thing is right, I'm banking on it being MX. I mean, AX summons MX's Keyblade, so. Certainly fitting.


And for comparison...

Totally MX's Keyblade. Although, looking at the two, the one in the DDD trailer seems to be more...colourful. As in, you can clearly see the blue eyes and red mouth of the lion, I guess, whereas you can't on the second pic. Could just be the pic, of course.
So. It seems like AX is about to attack Braig at the end of the trailer. Why would he be doing that? If someone momentarily had control and that person was Terra, that'd be easy. Braig's a jerk from Terra's point of view. Teamed up with Xehanort and whatnot. However, if someone is regaining control in this bit, it seems like it's MX. Why would MX be lashing out at his lackey? Maybe he hates that Braig never told AX who he really was? I dunno.

Of course, someone may not be regaining control. AX may have just recovered some random memories from his past. Maybe he regained Terra's memories of hatred for Braig and MX's use of the Keyblade and thought that they were his memories. They are, in a sense. But Xigbar is ranked No. II in the Organization. Why would Xemnas still be cool with Xigbar if he thought his Somebody was a prick? Maybe AX ends up regaining certain memories for certain periods of time, but forgets them after, resulting in a major pesonality disorder of sorts. OR, he later gained MX's memories of chillin' with Braig and figured that Braig was awesome again. I dunno. It's gonna be important, though. Insanely friggin' important. I hope DDD will be exploring Xehanort's past. We already got Master Xehanort in BBS, now it's time for Apprentice Xehanort to get in on the action! Hopefully it'll explain some things in regards to how much he remembered of his past life/lives. I'M GETTING PSYCHED AGAIN.


If I had to pick one, I'd say it's more likely that AX had just regained some of his memories than Terra or MX taking control momentarily. They were probably conducting some experiments on AX's heart at that point, and as everyone knows memories are stored in the heart. Maybe messing about in there unlocked some of the memories. But who knows.


Arika was able to see this scene while waiting for the demo, this scene was voiced.

Neku: I’m Neku… Neku Sakuraba. That’s my name.

Sora: Neku Sakuraba? What an interesting name!

Neku: It’s nothing special.

D: Neku! Neku Sakuraba is one of the most badass amazing names I have ever heard in the history of ever. Of course it's special! It's...beautiful~ And I love how it seems like he's telling his name to Sora begrudgingly. Didn't he take ages to tell Shiki his name in TWEWY, or even talk to her? Must...replay...soon...



~~~






So, Tokyo Game Show is over. As is the utter tidal wave of news that has completely devastated us. I might do a recap post at some stage. Should I feel like it. Also kinda wanna do one about my hopes/dreams for TWEWY in KH, which will be AMAZING. Did I say that already? 'CAUSE IT WILL BE. SO MUCH SO.

tl;dr: Dream Eater companions MAY POSSIBLY MAYBE be swappable with story characters in various worlds (pretty much a guarantee, but nothing concrete yet. But it will be. Has to be. Don't dispute my logic.) The blurry trailer that got leaked is actually a shortened version of a longer one, the dialogue of which is posted up there somewhere. Read it. 'Tis awesome. Apprentice Xehanort will be important in DDD (...y'know, probably.) And Neku Sakuraba is as supermegafoxyawesomehot as ever~ Stupid rabid fangirl-ism...

Ugh, gotta go do homework or something now... However, in school today, I haven't been able to focus at all. No time when there's KH junk a-happening! Seriously. In Business, the teacher was putting questions on the board like 'Q1', 'Q2' and so on. But all I could think was 'DDD will be released in Q1 in Japan, so for Europe that means probably early or late Q2, depending on which month it's released...' and other junk like that. I'd say it'll be 3 months max after Japan for DDD to be released Elsewhere. Squeenix have been getting pretty good at shortening their localisation times. So, I'd say...August as absolutely 100% maximum latest for Elsewhere. Hopefully sooner, though. I NEED THIS GAME NAOW.

Oh. And Squeenix should be releasing lovely HQ trailers any day now, so be on the lookout for that. I'll do a proper Analysis dealy-o when we actually know what it is we're looking at.

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment